Monday, December 9, 2013

Seattle Butoh

What can you take away from this work shop to assist you in the current project?

I hope that during the walk through for our garments that we can all be as liberated as we were in that room. I think that even more so than the content and the instructions we were given, that there was a sense of togetherness and comradery that we needed as a class. The content was interesting and it actually reminds me of some of the images and concepts that Casey presented a few weeks ago. There was so much information and so much power that was held in the movement as objects that were being used while we all acted out her instructions. It quickly became very clear that the message she wanted us to convey could not have been conveyed without incredibly exaggerated movements and emotions. I am excited to see how we all present our garments as we will have a personal connection with the message. I plan to try and remember the confidence I had that night and approach this performance with abandon, honesty and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment