Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Teach yourself (backup plan)

I am still moving forward with my original "surprise plan", but in case I have major stage fright or it fails horribly, I did learn another skill in these past two weeks! I learned how to weed and mask as well as install vinyl lettering.

I was hired by a night club in Sodo called Aston Manor to install the phrase, "For every prohibition, you create an underground" over one of the bars as well as the year "1943" on one of the walls.

I didn't get photos of the weed and mask process which Tory Franklin taught me, but I did take photos of the install process.




There was a MAJOR problem that I only realized after I was practically done. The word "Underground" had been printed as "Ungerground". I made a decision to try and repair it by hand stenciling a new "d" from the "d" on the end of "underground" and I think it ended up turning out pretty well!



No comments:

Post a Comment